Sunday, February 15, 2009

Driving 12+ hours alone,



Wednesday night I made the last minute decision to surprise my beautiful sister in law and sky flying brother! My nephew who just so happens to be THE cutest toddler ever, seriously people I kid you not he is insanely adorable, He just celebrated his 2nd birthday! yes he is now two and he is just so smart. Here is where driving 12+ hours in a little red car by myself comes when.

Let me tell you something though. IT WAS WORTH IT MORE THEN I COULD EXPLAIN. There is nothing I love more then my family. I am just so blessed that I am able to sper of the moment see my family. I am over 20 hours away from my parents, that has been hard for me. So, when I had the opportunity to see family I knew I had to.

Friday morning I woke up at 5:45 and by 6:20 I was on the road. It is the prettiest drive, I tried to take pictures, they do the land no justice. The drive was amazing. I can say I did to much thinking while driving. I basically tired to keep my eyes on the road because I often find my eyes wondering to the beautiful scenery. It wasn't all fun and games though. Mom, Do not read pass here...I had many near death experiences. This is not a single perk I will just add that. You see, after these experiences I wanted to laugh and scream with someone and...I couldn't, I called my best friend while she was in class and had to leave a message. Later that day I got pulled over. YEP I WORKED IT THOUGH!! "well officer I slammed on my brakes because I didn't want to hit the person in front of me, o no I didn't know I was going faster then them. I'm sorry I'm coming from Provo to surprise my nephew for his birthday, yes I know my license says I'm from Illinois, I'm going for beauty school...YOU ARNT GIVING ME A TICKET BECAUSE I'M A STUDENT! thanks you so much!" there was even more convo but I wont boor you any more...and there we have a perk of being single. No one to show a point to, when there is someone else in the car they usually give you the ticket because they want to use you as an example. LAME but lucky I did not get a ticket. :) Then I arrived in Tucson, My brother called me and made me almost miss my exit...p.s mom you may begin reading again. so I took a sharp turn onto my exit and then we kept talking and I thought I was lost so I just wanted to scream AARON WHERE AM I!?!?! but, I didn't and I soon found myself at there house. It wasn't that easy but I wont even try to explain that.









You see, when you are single you get to do everything you want. I wanted to make a last minute trip to Arizona, I did it. But, this means that my only friend is my cd player because lets get real, there arnt many good stations out here on the radio and I couldn't find the good ones if I tried. You see, when you have a wing man you just have them be on radio duty but me, I was on radio duty, cop spotting and mile watching all by myself. But, It also means, Feeding one person, not stopping all the time for potty breaks and no one annoyingly snoring! :) Now, I must go to sleep. Though I don't want to I need to sleep so I wont when I drive, I'm the only one that will be driving.

3 comments:

..................... said...

babe you are wonderful!!! I love you! thanks for the last post!!

Jessica said...

We had such a great time with you! I was so sad to see you go! And Brady was asking where you were today too! Next time, it will be our turn to surprise you! Well, maybe I can't pull off quite a surprise like you can but at least we can just plan a visit to you! Ok, now I must go to bed because Brady's Dr. appt is at 7:30 in the morning!

n.davis said...

hello